Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thanksgiving Week: Holiday Turkey Tips


To educate yourself for the feeling of gratitude means to take nothing for granted, but to always seek out and value the kind that will stand behind the action. Nothing that is done for you is a matter of course. Everything originates in a will for the good, which is directed at you. Train yourself never to put off the word or action for the expression of gratitude. ~Albert Schweitzer

To start the week off I have an article with the ins and outs of roasting turkey. While I know grilling and frying the turkey is all the rage now, I still love a good old fashioned roasted turkey.  It's a simple process that even the newest cook can handle with ease.  However, I do remember cooking my first turkey upside down which is a classic mistake, though the white meat was very moist!  

I share some turkey do and don'ts plus tips on seasoning with two methods to chose from, and suggestions for herbs that work well with turkey. You can read the article here:
http://oldfashionedliving.com/Turkey-Dos-And-Donts.html

~Enjoy, Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a tip, a comment or just say hi!