Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving Week: Dressing, Giblets and Gravy


Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. ~William Arthur Ward

Yesterday I posted about my article with tips on roasting turkey. Today I'm sharing tidbits and recipes for dressing and gravy plus tips on using that little packet of giblets that usually comes inside the turkey. Interestingly, I read that those packets don't necessarily contain the organs that came out of that particular turkey.  They are removed, cleaned and packaged, then put back in the cavity of random turkeys before they are sent off to the store. In the scheme of things this really doesn't matter, but I found it interesting:)  There are a few ways the giblets and neck can be made use of while cooking a holiday dinner. 

You'll find the tips and recipes here: http://oldfashionedliving.com/Stuffing-Giblets-and-Gravy.html  

Do you need more Thanksgiving help? I've written many articles over the years with recipes for stuffing, bread, fresh cranberry sauce and more.  The OFL holiday index lists them all here: http://oldfashionedliving.com/holidays/main.html  I often refer to it myself when I have misplaced a favorite recipe:)

~Enjoy, Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a tip, a comment or just say hi!