Monday, November 24, 2008

Holiday Beverage Tips

I have always looked at life as a voyage, mostly wonderful, sometimes rightening. In my family and friends I have discovered treasure more valuable than gold. ~Jimmy Buffet

Tammy, one of our visitors sent me this punch recipe to share. I made it for one of my daughter's birthday parties but it would also work for any party or open house.

When I give a party or shower everyone loves the punch I serve. Most of my friends request that I make this. ~Tammy

Ingredients:
1 - can of strawberry soda
1 - 2 liter bottle 7-Up
1 - 2 liter bottle gingerale
1 large tub of pineapple sherbet

Put the entire tub of sherbet in a punch bowl, adding the bottle of 7-Up, about 1/2 of the gingerale, and 1 can of strawberry soda. You need to prepare this about 1/2 hour before serving to give the sherbet time to start melting into the punch. The punch should end up a light pink color you can add more 7-Up or gingerale to suit your taste.

Denirae, one of our community moderators shared this:
I have a great party punch too! Start with 1 bottle of white grape juice and 1 bottle of gingerale. Cut up fruit in tiny pieces, leaving the peel on. Use oranges, limes, apples (red & green), strawberries, blueberries, and grapes. Make a pretty ice ring ahead of time. Pour the grape juice and gingerale into the punch bowl add ice ring and then fruit. This is a very pretty and refreshing punch. I get a lot of requests for the recipe.

MSJODI shared this tip for serving beverages:
To keep beverages from being watered down by ice cubes: fill a small Ziploc bag with ice cubes, drop it in the pitcher to cool down the beverage. Remove when necessary or replace ice cubes in the bag when they melt and return to the pitcher.

We have more festive drink recipes for the holidays on OFL:
http://www.oldfashionedliving.com/festivedrinks.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a tip, a comment or just say hi!