Monday, June 24, 2013

Favorite Summer Potluck Recipes



My husband can carve a watermelon with precision and creativity. Before he became an RN, he worked in dietary at a nursing home, and always tried to make the meals for the residents special, especially on the holidays. Though he moved on to nursing, he still carves an occasional watermelon for summer parties and special family events.  The fruit varies according to what is in season at the time, and it's always a big hit. This is one of my favorite ways to serve summer fruit.

I also have a few tried and true potluck recipes that have remained keepers in our family over the years.  In this article I share a few of them, and hints for taking the dishes to potlucks.   http://oldfashionedliving.com/Easy-Summer-Potluck-Dishes.html .

I hope your summer gatherings are rain free this year:)
~Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a tip, a comment or just say hi!