Thursday, July 19, 2012

Summer Fruit Goodness


Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend. ~Zenna Schaffer


Today I have an article up on Old Fashioned Living with summer fruit dishes.  I've been buying plums and peaches a lot the last two weeks, but picked up a really nice watermelon yesterday that was sweet and juicy.  We go through a lot of fresh fruit at our house in the summer, and when I can manage to save a bit aside I love making desserts.  Cantaloupe has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid.  I actually like it more than watermelon:) 


In the article you'll find recipes for:


Melon Parfaits
Summer Fruit Tarts
Grilled Peaches and Ice Cream
Summer Fruit Sundaes


The article is located here: 
http://oldfashionedliving.com/Summer-Fruit-Recipes.html


We finally were blessed with some hard rain yesterday and today. I hope you were too!
~Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a tip, a comment or just say hi!